|Angel Guts: Red Vertigo|
Japanese DVD cover
|Directed by||Takashi Ishii|
|Produced by|| Yoshiyuki Kaino|
|Written by||Takashi Ishii|
|Editing by||Akimasa Kawashima|
|Released||May 7, 1988|
|Running time||74 min.|
|Preceded by||Angel Guts: Red Rope - "Until I Expire" (1987)|
|Followed by||Angel Guts: Red Flash (1994)|
Angel Guts: Red Vertigo or Angel Guts: Red Dizziness (天使のはらわた 赤い眩暈 Tenshi no harawata: Akai memai) is a 1988 Japanese film written and directed by Takashi Ishii. It was Ishii's directorial debut. His screenplay for the award-winning Roman Porno Love Hotel (1985), was a first run-through of the themes which he put into this film.
A nurse is raped by two men while working the night shift at a hospital, only to be reprimanded by her boss for "wasting time". She goes home and finds her photographer boyfriend Kenji sleeping with one of his models. She runs away and is hit by a car driven by Muraki, a stockbroker who recently got in trouble for embezzling funds. Instead of helping her he abducts her and attempts to rape her but is unable to perform physically. The two form a strange relationship with Nami as the stronger personality.
- Mayako Katsuragi ... Nami Tsuchiya
- Naoto Takenaka ... Tetsuro Muraki
- Hirofumi Kobayashi ... Kenji Ohta
- Jun Izumi ... Ayumi
- Kazuyo Ezaki ... Nogawa
- Akira Otaka ... Mine
- Akira Emoto ... Yakuza
- Saeko Kizuki ... Yakuza's lover
- ↑ Weisser, Thomas and Yuko Mihara Weisser (1998). Japanese Cinema Encyclopedia: The Sex Films. Miami: Vital Books : Asian Cult Cinema Publications. pp. 46, 252. ISBN 1-889288-52-7.