The Flower and Snake (花と蛇 Hana to hebi) series was based on Masaru Konuma's 1974 film Flower and Snake, starring Naomi Tani and based on Oniroku Dan's novel. The first film in the series, Flower and Snake: Sketch of Hell (1985) was touted as a remake of Konuma's film, but the film's plot bore little relationship to it. The following films in the series, likewise, took only the title from the original film.
- [1985-08-24] Flower and Snake: Sketch of Hell (Shōgorō Nishimura)
- [1986-03-08] Hana to Hebi: Shiikuhen (Shōgorō Nishimura)
- [1986-12-06] Flower and Snake: White Uniform Rope Slave (Shōgorō Nishimura)
- [1987-12-05] Flower and Snake: Ultimate Rope Discipline (Masayuki Asao)
- Weisser, Thomas and Yuko Mihara Weisser (1998). Japanese Cinema Encyclopedia: The Sex Films. Miami: Vital Books : Asian Cult Cinema Publications. pp. 155-157. ISBN 1-889288-52-7.